The kids look forward to the trunk-or-treat all year-- I think they love it more than Halloween night!
I was super excited about them dressing up, because for the first time EVER, I was able to do a theme that included every single one of them! It all started with the girls, who wanted to be Dorothy (Emma) and The Wicked Witch of the West (Kate). I thought it would be so fun to have the other kids join in, and amazingly, it worked out.
So...baby Caroline is the Cowardly Lion, Jack is the Tinman, Henry is the Scarecrow, and Ryan...the Wizard! His costume is appropriately unobtrusive, as it should be when you're a teenage boy dressing up with your siblings, and he just wore a tee shirt that says "The Wizard". He was a good sport though, and it was much better with him doing it too!
Since the Primary was in charge again this year, I knew that I wouldn't have much time (if any) to take pictures there. I decided to dress them all early enough to take pictures before we left, which in and of itself was a challenge. Rick was coming back into town, but not home yet, I had to be there super early to decorate, and it was on a school night. Somehow I pulled it off, and had a couple minutes to snap a few pictures before we left.
Rick showed up almost immediately after we arrived, which was wonderful, because he was able to watch the kids while I got everything set up. We had the usual chili and cornbread dinner, followed by super creative and fun game booths sponsored by the Young Women. The highlight though, was bounce house that one of the men in the ward donated for the evening, and it was full the whole night!
There were SO many people there. Really, it was ridiculous how many! Over 300 people were there--it was by far the biggest ward activity I've ever been to. We had our two neighbor families come that we're close with, and the Haddoxes were able to be with them the whole time, since I was so busy. I'm so glad they came--they had a great time, and it was so good for them to meet so many people that they see at school everyday.
Because there were so many people, there were A LOT of trunks. ☺ Of course the kids loved that part the best, and we came home with a ton of candy. It was a great night, enjoyed by all!
Because there were so many people, there were A LOT of trunks. ☺ Of course the kids loved that part the best, and we came home with a ton of candy. It was a great night, enjoyed by all!




