We decided to have a family date night tonight, and we had such a great time! We rarely keep the babies up past their bedtime, but it was worth it. Everyone enjoyed it, and it was worth the late night.
As soon as Rick got home, we were out the door to our favorite family pizza place to join our good friends for the night, and we were so excited to see them! The pizza was yummy, and even the babies ate a whole small pizza, the little turkeys! The girls were too excited about what came next to eat much, but we all enjoyed the busy family atmosphere.
Then came the...roller skating! It was the first time for the girls, and they honestly couldn't wait to get out on the floor. They told me they wanted "cute" roller skates, so I tried my best to pick out the cutest (still old and brown) ones I could, lol. We had them sit down on the ground to get their skates on them, and Henry was just sure he was going to get to skate too. He sat right down next to them and put his feet out, and ended up being sorely disappointed that he didn't get any. Actually, he cried and cried about it. I would have gotten him some skates, just so he could try them, but they didn't have his size.
Once we had skates on, I grabbed the girls' hands and off we went. I was impressed with how fast they picked it up, especially Miss Emma. After one lap she was ready to be on her own, and she didn't need to hold my hand the rest of the time. She was just the cutest thing, shuffling around the outside of the rink, while all the big kids whizzed by. I LOVED watching her. Kate also did very well, and we spent most of the time going together. Ryan also gave it a try, then decided it wasn't really his thing. He was happy to watch all the games and races, read his book, and help the girls when they needed it.


When it was time to leave, there were some tears shed, and we had to promise that we would be back very soon. I love to roller skate, so that wasn't a hard promise to make. On the way home we stopped for ice cream, and it was the perfect ending!
There were no arguments about bedtime when we got home--everyone was tired and happy!
As soon as Rick got home, we were out the door to our favorite family pizza place to join our good friends for the night, and we were so excited to see them! The pizza was yummy, and even the babies ate a whole small pizza, the little turkeys! The girls were too excited about what came next to eat much, but we all enjoyed the busy family atmosphere.
Then came the...roller skating! It was the first time for the girls, and they honestly couldn't wait to get out on the floor. They told me they wanted "cute" roller skates, so I tried my best to pick out the cutest (still old and brown) ones I could, lol. We had them sit down on the ground to get their skates on them, and Henry was just sure he was going to get to skate too. He sat right down next to them and put his feet out, and ended up being sorely disappointed that he didn't get any. Actually, he cried and cried about it. I would have gotten him some skates, just so he could try them, but they didn't have his size.
Once we had skates on, I grabbed the girls' hands and off we went. I was impressed with how fast they picked it up, especially Miss Emma. After one lap she was ready to be on her own, and she didn't need to hold my hand the rest of the time. She was just the cutest thing, shuffling around the outside of the rink, while all the big kids whizzed by. I LOVED watching her. Kate also did very well, and we spent most of the time going together. Ryan also gave it a try, then decided it wasn't really his thing. He was happy to watch all the games and races, read his book, and help the girls when they needed it.


When it was time to leave, there were some tears shed, and we had to promise that we would be back very soon. I love to roller skate, so that wasn't a hard promise to make. On the way home we stopped for ice cream, and it was the perfect ending!There were no arguments about bedtime when we got home--everyone was tired and happy!
3 comments:
Fun, fun, fun. (This brings back so many memories--my sisters and I used to go skating almost every weekend when I was a young girl. We loved it) So sorry there were not skates in Henry's size.
I ♥ rollerskating too! I haven't been in FOREVER! I may have to do this with my boys. Thanks for the idea!
BTW, I love your other blog too, Miss Talent!
So Fun! I haven't been roller skating in ages. Funny thing - my first memory of meeting you was roller skating in Veyo. What were we - 11 or 12? Sounds like it was a wonderful night!
Post a Comment