Tuesday, March 1, 2011

{our house}

I have a sudden, unexpected quiet moment this morning. The boys are playing in the basement playroom, and I can hear them laughing and giggling. Usually they are upstairs pulling out every piece of Gladware, all the pots and pans, and any mixing bowl they can find. The girls are playing upstairs, and I thought it was the perfect time to catch up on what's being going on at our house.

.....

1. Blog Publishing

I have been busily editing and uploading the last three years of blog posts (I can't believe it's been that long!) to be published. I just finished the front cover, and I think I'll be able to order them today! I started out scrapbooking, which I love (and still do), but as I've had more children, and become involved with more things, it's gone farther and farther down the list. I absolutely love the blogging format--I can use as many pictures as I want to, and the journaling is much more extensive than I would do otherwise. I love that our daily lives are recorded for the future, and all those little things that I wouldn't remember otherwise are there to enjoy forever.

.....

2. How many TV's?

In the years since we've been married, we've purchased 2 TV's---one at a garage sale, and the other one (the "old-fashioned" tube kind) for $100 at Walmart. We had another one given to us, which we loved, because it was SO much bigger than our others that were 19 inches.

The thing is that we were perfectly happy with those. We thought having a bigger TV would be really fun, and we seriously thought about purchasing one several times over the last couple of years. In the end, we always decided to spend the money on something else.

Last week our main television finally went out on us, and we decided it was time. Well, I think we've now made up for lost time, because we came home with 3 TV's. 3!!! The kids are loving it--they think it's like Christmas all over again. We have HD satellites being installed on Monday, and we can hardly wait for March Madness this year!

We knew we had true friends when they left their big screen to come watch the Super Bowl at our house on a tiny 19 inch TV a few years ago, but I think we can finally host again. :)

.....

3. Home for dinner!

After 2 months of absence, I'm happy to announce that Rick was home in time for dinner last night! It won't be every night yet, but the light is finally at the end of the tunnel!

.....

4. A discovery

Henry has now discovered that he can climb on to the chair, push it over to the counter, and get to anything he wants to. We have counter height chairs, so it took a little longer than with a standard chair, but I was hoping this day wouldn't come. My "safe" places to put things have now significantly decreased, so we are constantly adjusting to this new-found skill.

This is how I found him this morning:



I promise we feed him.

.....

5. Ryan and Jack

I had Ryan watch the boys in the nursery for a few minutes last night while I cleaned up after dinner, and until I could get up there to put on their pajamas and put them to bed. I went up and found this:


LOVE it.

.....

6. Running

I'm running 14 miles on Saturday. It will officially be the most I have ever run at one time, and I have to say I'm a little nervous. Excited, but nervous. My life has now revolved a lot around running, and with the miles getting longer, there is even more to think about: eating the right food, how to carry water/get water, what to eat while running to boost energy, what courses to run with ALL THIS SNOW, what to wear for the changing weather, and more. Rick is also training, and now that our long runs are getting longer, our schedules on Saturday take some planning to fit it all in.

With all of that, I'm still enjoying it. I feel good pushing myself to do something I didn't ever think I could, or would do. I'm learning a lot about myself, and strengthening myself not only physically, but mentally. When I'm tired, and when it's hard, I have to turn inward, and tell myself to keep going--that it will be worth it. Many life lessons have been solidified during this process, and I'm grateful for it. Thank goodness for good friends who are along for this ride--I couldn't do it without them.

.....



8 comments:

Erica said...

so many fun things. so glad the hubby is ending that busy season of his! don't know how you do it!!!

and the running will be oh so worth it - so glad we're on that journey together :)

Andee said...

I am VERY curious how you put the blog into a book??!!!! I want to do that!! PLEASE email me and let me know how you do it!!!!!

Emily said...

When you get the time, would you mind sharing what blog publishing software you're using and whether you end up satisfied with the finished product? I've been thinking about printing mine, but the last time I researched it, my pictures weren't going to be printed in the same order and location as I desired. Thank you!

Carn Family said...

I think you will love having your blog published...my kids love to look through ours and so do I. Could Henry get any more cereal in those little fat cheeks? How amazing to have hubby home for dinner. I can't believe you made it through another busy season. As for the running...I don't know how you do it. You are truly amazing.

Effie said...

I agree with Andee and Emily, I would love to learn more about what company you decided to go with to publish your blog book. I have not settled on one yet but am very interested to do so. Way to go, 14 miles! Wow!

Yvonne said...

Fun post--much going on.

I just love that last picture--Too cute.

You will enjoy March Madness on a big TV--so great. I'm so excited for BYU. I just hope they last a few rounds. My little missionary is wishing it was when he was home, but as he said in his last e-mail--OH WELL ; )

Way to go on the running.

Melissa said...

14 miles! Very impressive. Even in the cold. Now I'm making curious mind #4...how are you going to publish your blog? I've been looking into printing and binding ours. A friend suggested blurb. I guess now you'll need to write a post about publishing your blog. :) Good luck with the run.

Nikki said...

I too want to know what you are using for Blog publishing. I so want to do it and have the books for my boys. Let me know, I'd love to see if it's easy. Love the picture in the crib. Big brother's are the best. I love it when Tanner will read to the twins. It's so fun to see and they just LOVE it. Glad you finally got a big TV. Andrew finally talked me into one a few months ago. I wonder what we ever did without it. Plus the kids love it.

Post a Comment